[ale] pigs do fly

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jul 21 06:49:08 EDT 2009

> If Microsoft were contributing drivers to make wireless networking,
> sleep/suspend/power management, video acceleration/DirectX, WINE, or
> even their mice/trackballs and keyboards work better... I'd be cool
> with it. But that is not what is happening. They want to (as literally

Adding to the list, fixing things in their own house like SMB file
sharing.. rather than making them (on purpose) harder for other OS's to
work with.

I agree I'd much rather see them helping our world through some essential
basic needs, rather than something that really only serves theirs.

But: As a community, we need to put our money where our mouth is and look
at the code under it's own merits. Very carefully. And I hope those people
in such a position and much much better than kernel code than most of us
(especially me) will decide it is special purpose enough and of limited
use, to not be included in default kernel builds. I only run
virtualization in development environments, and I would never run a MSFT
based one for Linux.