[ale] OT: Vista display problem

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:11:55 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get some really old computer games (kids) installed/played on
Vista for my daughter .  I get the error message that the game needs a
"648x480 256 color display driver".  I'm going to display settings and 256
is not an available option.  I googled around, but can't find the answer.

Now, Vista has an older programs compatibility wizard, which should do the
job for me.  But it chokes just the same as trying it outside of it.

Advice?

(and yes, I know, why Vista.... let's not go there please.... it hurts
enough...)

-- Asher