[ale] [Chugalug] SSL wildcard Certificate Provider

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Jul 17 15:11:02 EDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Charles Leeds wrote:

> I just purchased a cert from rapidssl.com a few days ago no problem.  It's a
> shame you are having problems with them.  I couldn't find anything close in
> price last time I looked around.
> Maybe try calling their sales line if they have one.  Or use their "LiveHelp"
> chat with an agent button in the top right hand corner.
> Charles

Their LiveHelp doesn't work for me. where I am.. Think 9600 baud with bad
moments. Which is why theirs and GeoTrust's e-mails are not getting
through.

I tried digicert, am working with a live human to bypass or assist the
e-mail problems. No luck yet., but at least they answered the phone. :)

We assume so much in our web design in the USA and developed world..
Locally they pay the equivelent of $1500 per month for a 128k leased
line...with really bad (500-1000ms+) connections to the rest of the world.

apt-get update took 4 hours.. an apt-get upgrade is a week thing..
Assuming you can keep the machine powered on that long.