[ale] OT: Out in left field or in the sewers of The Big Apple

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 20:14:42 EDT 2009

On 07/13/2009 04:15 PM, Thompson Freeman wrote:
> On 07/13/2009 01:53:12 PM, Richard Bronosky wrote:
>> I'm sorry, I have to agree with the parents on this one.
>> Knowingly
>> leaving a manhole cover off without a barrier is
>> unacceptable. We are
>> all eager to condemn a pop-tart on a cellphone, but as the
>> father of a
>> 1&  2 year old I don't like the idea that there could be a
>>> 2ft
>> diameter hole in a sidewalk.
>
> I'm up to grandparenting, and on this last trip I spent a
> large portion of our walks working on basic "pay attention
> damnit" skills with the 2 year old. Like looking both ways
> before entering the street, and then only if there are no
> vehicles oncoming. Escallators need some work also, as she
> isn't tall enough to safely hold the handrail (I got a
> _nasty_ pinch from one as a child, so I'm a little
> sensitive) Wish I could spend more time on it, as she is a
> lovely child, but light minutes by radio from the world
> (earth to kid - earth to kid - come in kid... 8-), like her
> father was.

Sounds like my middle grandson. He's also a klutz and trips over air. He
one time was sitting on the floor and suddenly jumped up running head
first into a couch, bouncing back onto his butt. He also has this impish
grin that he gets while staring at you doing something that he knows
that he shouldn't but he's gonna do it anyway. Hmmm, I guess I went OT
on the OT. Sorry.