[ale] C++ Compiler Suggestions!

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Mon Jul 13 09:29:49 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM, Michael B. Trausch<mbt at zest.trausch.us> wrote:
> GNU Emacs is able to function as an entire integrated development,
> particularly when your project uses the GNU autotools.

And unlike Borland, etc., emacs can be an IDE for things its developers
haven't thought of, thanks to the generality and flexibility of "make".

But you do get more goodies when you're on the beaten path, doing
something like C++ programming.  (And if you haven't read it already,
I recommend Bjarne Stroustrup's _The C++ Programming Language__.
It is not as concise as K&R, but then again, that makes sense.  ;)

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>