[ale] ClassNotFoundException even though the class is there

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Mon Jul 13 02:40:18 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Mike Harrison wrote:
> Heck, on my main desktop, apt-get has some issue because somehow
> I have both JRE 1.5 and 1.6 on my system.. it's even got apt
> confused. My desktop is due for an upgrade anyway... (it's 8.04).

Not only have I had problems with the JVM (and will stay as far away from that
as I can), but I just ran into a desktop that had Dapper on it.

I was a bit taken back.

To start an off-topic spur of this thread... do y'all regularly get people
bringing systems over to your place randomly?  Just curious.

 	--- Mike