[ale] Horiz / Vert refresh rates

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Jul 11 16:31:47 EDT 2009

A little follow up:

On 2009, Jul, 11, , at 12:11 AM, aaron wrote:
> Hopefully an 80k pdf attachment will go through...

Well, the message with the attachment _did_ bounce and
reminded me the size limit here is 40kB, but James
salvaged it from the moderator queue for us. (thanks!)

> [] here is a very complete reference that I ran
> across trying to spec a Mitsubishi Diamond scan
> recently

... though I'm realizing a little better explanation
of what that PDF contains might be called for:

The "direct-view-xref" PDF is very comprehensive 18
page spread sheet of essential specs for most all of the
CRT and LCD monitor models that were manufactured from
(guesstimating) ~1995 to as recently as ~2003. There
are over a thousand models listed, all grouped by
manufacturer.

About the only helpful data that isn't provided is
dates of manufacture; my 2003 guesstimate for the
most recent model information is based on the fact
that the listed LCD panel sizes basically max out
at 18 inches with no "wide screen" types noted.

Would love to find an updated version of this list,
but I can't even connect with where I got this one
in first place. It does seem that Extron has a
similarly useful, comprehensive and more up to date
monitor data base on line:

<http://www.extron.com/company/article.aspx?id=tt102001>

... but the page also states that they limit access to
the search tool page to their dealers and consultants.

Bummer.

peace
aaron