[ale] Horiz / Vert refresh rates

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:40:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Ty Connell <ty.connell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm sorry, I should have prefaced my question with what I've already done:
>
>    1. Info not on the back of the monitor.
>    2. Manual location: unknown.
>    3. Manufacturers website: link to download both setup and user guide
>    files gives a "404."
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Ty Connell <ty.connell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I was wondering if there was a file somewhere in the xorg software belly
>> that contains manufacturers / models with the horizontal and vertical
>> refresh rates.
>>
>> V/R,
>>
>> Ty Connell

Hey Ty,

Just to piggy back off your post, I need to find the same thing for my
monitor. I tried their web site, I downloaded a manual, but it doesn't seem
to have what I'm looking for.  I need the horizontal/vertical refresh rate
for my Wesinghouse LCM-22w3 monitor (22" wide).

Background: I'm still having no luck with Fedora 11 x86_64 and kmod-nvidia
drivers. When I x tries to load my signal is literally lost on my monitor. I
have to end up rebooting the machine in runlevel 3 and change the xorg.conf
drivers back to "nv". I've blacklisted the nouveau drivers, as instructed,
but nothing. It's been several weeks and I nor RPM Fusion has ANY solutions
for me.  It worked fine in Fedora 10.

So; last night some folks from ##Linux said, it sounds like my h/v refresh
rate is incorrect and told me to find it.  And also something about
disabling EDID.  They surely didn't want to explain it, so I'll Google it
some time today.

--
Marc F.

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"