[ale] Update on Fedora 11 Quirks

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:21:34 EDT 2009

My T'bird filters seems to be now working with the exception of one
which no matter what I do only works when I manually run that filter on
the folder. I have noticed that when you go to write an email the
address book column is no longer there, does anyone know of a way to get
that back?

FF was still giving me a fit with the password file so I moved my
profile folder somewhere else when the official 3.5 release came out and
I brought back in my bookmarks and other things and just started
recreating my password file from scratch.

Now OOo 3.1 is giving me a couple of problems. I'll leave a spreadsheet
open and after a while my list of printers will disappear from the OOo
Print Dialogue. If I restart OOo calc (this has also happened with
write) the printers return. I am able to print from other apps when this
happens, so it does not appear to be a Fedora thing. Then the other
problem is that the Dialogue has no impact on how the printer prints
such as page orientation, or sizing to fit page. Anyone running the
vanilla copy of OOo or OOo 3.1 on another distro? If so, do you see
either of these problems?

TIA
Scott