[ale] Dial-in widget for SuSE-11.1

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sun Jul 5 04:14:01 EDT 2009

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> I just said not two days ago that I didn't know anyone else that is on
> dialup or doing anything with modems.  Guess I was wrong.

PPP and it's variants are very useful, and it's not just for old
dial-up modems (although I just installed a rebuilt Livingston Portmaster
with 6 POTS modems for a customer). PPP/MPP is at the heart of most router
connections ranging from T1's to OC3's, although those usually don't do
"auth" as they are hardwired.

And right now... I'm on a Verizon USB Cell modem from Navarre beach in
Florida. Using PPP, via the "pon".