[ale] Command Line Question

Jim Moore mo9916 at numail.org
Wed Jul 1 13:26:03 EDT 2009

First let me explain how I got to this state of affairs.

I was paying some of my wife's credit cards yesterday morning but
couldn't print the confirmation pages as I needed a printer cartridge.
So I saved the pages on the desktop.  Later having acquired a cartridge
I tried to open one and it opened in Konquerer if I remember right
(geriatric memory lapse).  Then I right clicked on the file and chose
"open with" option, then went through the list of applications until I
found Iceweasel.  Files then opened in Iceweasel and I was able to print
them.
After that if I clicked on the system icon to view the drives and got
the message:

     Error-KIO Exec
     Malformed URL System:/.

After reviewing some of your answers, I tried the following:  Unplugging
the USB drive and putting it back into the slot.  As usually happens a
window pops open titled 1.0 G Removable Media KDE Daemon, with two options

     Do Nothing
     Open in new window

Choosing the second "Open in new window"

I get the following message:

     Error KIO-Exec
     /media/disk is a folder, but a file was expected.

I'm assuming when I associated the saved web pages with Iceweasel, I
screwed up the file associations.

And as Paul would say that's the rest of the story.

Jim