[ale] Command Line Question.

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:00:13 EDT 2009

. On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Preston
Boyington<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim Moore wrote:
>> Am running KDE 3.5 on Debian Lenny and have lost the ability to view USB
>> drives by clicking on the System icon.  That's a problem to be solved
>> later.
>> I then tried to access the USB from the command line and realized I
>> didn't know how to get to it and view the files on it.
>> How do I do that?
>> Jim
>
> look in /media if they are mounted.
>
> --
>
> Arrant Drivel - really, it's just trash...
> http://www.arrantdrivel.com/
>
> Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
> http://www.prestonboyington.com/

This is an alias I have set up in my .bashrc that lets me find USB
Drivers/Flashdrives

alias wusb='dmesg | grep SCSI'

The other think you can do is

fdisk -l

This will show all media on that is hooked up to your box, then you
can mount it where you want., but if they are automounted  Preston is
right look under media

The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate it.
                -- Franklin P. Jones
OpenSUSE -- http://en.opensuse.org/User:Terrorpup
OpenSuSE Ambassador
OpenSuSE Member