[ale] [OT] free 19" to 21" monitors & other stuff, if...

Pope jonnyX jonnyx at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 25 20:26:57 EST 2009

...you're willing to help my roommate and I move a desk and a 7' rack
enclosure (which we can't handle on our own) from my storage unit to our
condo a few miles away.

When: Any time this Saturday or Sunday, though noon or later on Sunday is
preferred.

Where: Starting point is Uncle Bob's Storage, 4427 Tilly Mill Rd., Atlanta,
GA 30360. This is just off the intersection of I285 and Peachtree Industrial
Blvd. Condo is ~6 miles away, near I440 and Northridge Rd.

Monitor specs:

19" Sun GDM-1962B "Premium Color CRT"
Sony Trinitron tube
1280x1024 max, 61.8-80khz/75hz (h/v)
composite/sync on green
female 13W3 connector
two monitors available

19" Dec Digital VR-319 monochrome
1280x1024
72hz
female BNC
one monitor available

20" Radius TPD/20gs (0463) greyscale
2-page display
1152x870, 68khz/75hz
15pin VGA
one monitor available

21" Radius TDP/21 (0217) greyscale
2-page display
1152x870, 65khz/71hz
sync on green
female BNC
one monitor available

Mac people seem to like the Radius stuff. All monitors worked when I put
them into storage ~3yrs ago.

Other stuff:

A futon frame - It makes a nice couch or guest bed if you have a cushion;
already disassembled, it'll fit into most decent sized cars and should
easily fit into any truck or SUV. Takes about 5 minutes to put together or
take apart.

A wooden cd rack, that despite being very large, very ugly and very heavy
will hold 2000+ cds (I built it during my dj years at WRVU-Nashville).

Please reply offlist if interested. Thanks!

~~jX

PS/edit/addendum - The storage place has reneged on my free use of their
moving van (bastards), so if anyone has access to something similar (ie - a
12'-14' panel van), um, can I use it for an hour or so? I really don't want
to give the storage place any more of my money, but I'll be happy to make
arrangements with someone else...