[ale] School Project to Create Distributed Filesystem

Omar Chanouha ofosho at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:09:10 EST 2009

Greg/All, Let me get one more shot at the belt.

Have a cluster of servers each sharing their files via iSCSI. Each
server then keeps an array of all the other servers via mdraid.
Linux-HA is used on the servers to maintain an up-to-date array of
iSCSI drives. Each server shares the combined RAID via an nfs server.
When a client wants to connect, all it needs to do is connect to one
of the servers over nfs and it will have all the files.

As you said, the robustness comes into play with the mdraid update
scripts/making nfs work properly.

Is that right?

I will have to ask the teacher if he will allow that. He may not.

Thanks,

-OFosho, Miami Dolphin and Open Source Aficionado