[ale] OT: contesting multi-screen patent

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:54:43 EST 2009

At the Feb. ALE Central meeting someone had spoken up during
switchboard about getting help fighting a bogus multi-screen
interface patent -- specifically requesting any evidence of prior
art.  I think the right person heard him.

I'm sitting here capturing some of the VHS videos I made or
archived in the "good old days"  for my dorkbot presentation
tonight and I have lots and lots of examples of Amiga multi-
tasking, multi-screen interfaces.  Most significantly,  I have copies
of a 1985 Computer Chonicles** PBS broadcast segment highlight the debut and
features of the Amiga.

Never heard from the person off list and, with apologies, I'm not
remembering their name or the organization to contact. If anyone
reading this can provide info,  please get in touch!  To everyone
else, sorry for the spam.

peace
aaron

PS: Computer Chronicles host Stuart Cheifet was an Amiga user
from day one and a huge fan of the system,  so he graciously
agreed to host our Amiga Atlanta X10 Amiga Anniversary
Celebration and brought along a really great compilation of
Amiga feature segments dating 1985 to 1995.  Several of the
Amiga's original creators were also on the stage and spoke
at the event.