[ale] How Do I Join?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:39:41 EST 2009

Hi All,

I'd like to jump back on this project of mine and redesign the ALE website
(thankfully, that's running on Wordpress)  I'm a PHP web developer and I
have some graphic skills.  I tend to create web sites from start to finish
and I take user experience into heavy consideration.

*Personal Blog*
http://www.fergytech.com

*World of Warcraft Guild Blog*
http://www.eyesoftheeast.net

*Design Portfolio*
http://www.digitalalias.net/portfolio

Thanks for any feedback, especially from the webmaster of the ALE.org
domain. ;)

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 3:57 AM, Kresnik Igor <kresnik.igor at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello
>
> I like know how i can join Georgia Open Source Education Foundation via
> emails? power builder, Qt designer, Visual studio, Macromedia
> Dreamweaver Macromedia Fireworks Macromedia Flash, Open Office. i can
> create presentation, tutors, example. My web site
> http://pingusclip.890m.com/
> http://linux4you.freewebpages.org/
> https://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/5x/installing/
> im redy created scren shoots other linux too
>
> regards,
> Igor
> PS
> Its possibly get pay for this or get donation for this job?
>
> Greg Freemyer pravi:
> > JIm,
> >
> > How much traffic does the website even get?
> >
> > I only visit once a year or so.  To me ALE is the mailing list.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > 2008/5/15 Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>:
> >
> >> Hi Marc,
> >>
> >> The website is a carryover from the prior hosting. It is Wordpress with
> an
> >> old style so multiple people can add stuff. I am one of the machine
> admins
> >> and the admin for the mailing list. Aaron Ruscetta handles much of the
> site
> >> updates.
> >>
> >> If you have a better style for Wordpress you would like us to see, cool!
> >> Toss it over and we'll take a look. We are looking at doing some stuff
> on
> >> the site in a bit but haven't given much thought (that I know of -
> common
> >> state for me) to a look and feel. I think the key thing for the current
> >> setup is we will probably keep with Wordpress as it nicely does the
> update
> >> job we need. But it is pretty expandable so ....
> >>
> >> Welcome to the ALE list!   Grab yer fav distro, load it up and start
> asking
> >> questions. Unless the grouchy people are missing their nap we pretty
> much
> >> like helping people get moving along with Linux. Most of the obnoxious,
> >> feeble attempts at humor will come from me. On occasion I can point
> someone
> >> in the right direction on a problem. The cool thing is we have people
> that
> >> are from all over Linux tech: programmers, admins, graphic arts,
> engineers,
> >> scientists, medical professionals, and many others that have not been
> >> listed.
> >>
> >> I don't think we currently have anyone here with direct experience as a
> >> circus elephant trainer but we do have an avid juggler and several
> people
> >> known to make beer (and quite a few know to drink beer!).

> list

> help

> >> --
> >> --
> [...]

Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.