[ale] Slow CF/Cardbus Read Rate

Jeff Hubbs jeffrey.hubbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:44:53 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our emails crossed.
>
> Very likely that define is your issue.  I think it only impacts
> drivers/ide not libata, but it is likely a CF card is using
> drivers/ide anyway.
>
> So the first thing to try is to recompile your kernel.  Not too big a
> deal if you've done it before.

Not at all; I do it all the time.  My problem, though, is figuring out
what to enable and how to get it where it can even be enabled.  Libata
is making the internal 128MB IDE SSD appear as /dev/sda but the only
way I've been able to get the CF card to show up has *it* appearing as
/dev/hda.  I have BLK_DEV_IDEDMA [=n] in menuconfig's search function
but I can't find how to get it to even show up where I can change the
setting.