[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Feb 17 14:20:14 EST 2009

Probably what I saw is the DC to Orlando stuff.   It was a vague memory
because I once thought of taking a trip by train just for the novelty
saw they had that.  I gave up on the idea because wherever I was
thinking of going at the time would have required me to go to Chicago
first (and I think a layover there).  It seemed a bit ridiculous to me
for Amtrak to be operating as if it were an airline with hub and spoke
system given the difference in travel times so I gave up on the idea.

As for me I love road trips anyway so have driven all over the country.
I take at least one major one per year.  I'm planning on going to
Vermont and Quebec this summer which leaves only 5 states to visit in
future trips.  Planning the drive to Hawaii when I get to it is going to
be tough I think...

If you don't like wear and tear on your own car you can rent one.  You
get a better appreciation for the varied landscape in our country when
you drive through than when you fly over it.