[ale] Proposed ALE/Chugalug Outing..

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Feb 17 08:55:45 EST 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> Hey! This sounds like a great idear.  Jim Kinney and I keep tryin' to start
> a Tradition of ALE spring barbecues//parties//outings.  This might be a
> little far afield for some, but we could carpool.. too bad we can't take the
> train!
>
> -- CHS
> ( Would rather bike to most places)

I suspect that a rail outing could be arrainged, _if_ somebody were to
sink a god awful amount of time into the preparation. You can put a
passenger car into a freight train...

The advantage would be a potientially interesting ride through American
infrastructure the overwhelming majority of people never see.

The disadvantage would be a slow trip for a probably ridiculous price and
a lot of work.

Of course there is the option of a tour bus...