[ale] OT: Maglev funding?

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:03:15 EST 2009

Monorail's biggest drawback is that current systems don't have track
switching mechanisms.  They operate on loops, which is a big problem
in existing urban areas.  If I remember correctly, Disney's system is
composed of two big loops.  Also, I would venture to say that Disney
World probably doesn't carry as many passengers as MARTA does on a
daily basis.  They also rely heavily on buses to move people from park
to park as well as their resorts.  They haven't extended their
monorail since Epcot was built.  That would lead me to believe it
isn't as cheap as it would seem.