[ale] Hardware question: BIOS not seeing my 500GB SATA for Kubuntu install

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 03:09:09 EST 2009

Best Buy sells SCSI drives? You must have a special Best Buy near you,
because they don't even list SCSI hard drives as being available on
their website.

Since you mentioned the presence of jumpers, I'm going to assume you
are talking about EIDE hard drives. If that is the case, then you will
be MUCH better off by setting the jumpers appropriately. Cable select
just doesn't work 9 times out of 10. Set a master and a slave via
jumper settings. I bet that solves your problem.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59