[ale] Least expensive way to watch TV on a PC ?

Ken Ratliff forsaken at targaryen.us
Thu Feb 12 14:44:12 EST 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Chris Kleeschulte wrote:

> I have a really really nice mythtv system running off over the air
> HDTV using:
>
> http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun
>

> this little device is SWEET, one of the better purchases I have ever
> made...even thinking about a second one.
>
> I have 2 myth backends running off of it, and it looks really good,
> much better than the charter cable HD. Now I just need to figure out
> how to convert the mpeg2ts to h.264.

Are you actually getting channel guide data? I bought one of those
last week and I've been screwing around with it on one of my boxes
(waiting on next paycheck before I build the real theatre system).
Unfortunately, Comcast isn't sending out much in clearQAM, and what
they do send has the channel designators all weird and I can't seem to
find a way to get a real program guide