[ale] simplest/cheapest way to use LCD monitor in different rooms w/o moving the computer itself ?

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 16:56:41 EST 2009

I've recently bought these cables(dvi and vga):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882203056
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812105806

Both are thick and seem well made and they aren't too expensive. I haven't
had any problems with either. The VGA is hooked up to a LCD monitor doing
1600x1050 and the DVI going to a 1920x1200 LCD monitor. I bought the VGA
cable as an alternative to sound-proofing an old box. It now sits in my
closet where it can be as loud as it wants. I was surprised, my wireless
mouse and keyboard have a pretty decent range even with the closet door
closed.
-Steve Brown