[ale] feasibility of motherboard & HD replacement in portable, rather than computer replacement ?

Sean C. McCord scmlist at cycoresys.com
Wed Feb 11 12:27:01 EST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 12:15:00AM -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I have an older Dell Latitude C810 that is fine for it's use except that the
> HD is slow and no more RAM may be added, which is now 512mb.
>
> The only reason I need, I think, a new motherboard is so I can add more RAM.
>
> Would it be cheaper to just replace the machine  ?
>
> Any other suggestions   ?

As there are no standard motherboard form factors and there are numerous
proprietary interfaces (at least in every one I've ever looked at), I
don't think you even have a choice.  You'll not be able to find a
replacement motherboard for your laptop other than a copy of exactly
what you have.

--
Sean C. McCord
scmlist at cycoresys.com