[ale] [OT] Net Monopolies (was AT&T DSL vs RoadRunner cable broadband)

Sean C. McCord scmlist at cycoresys.com
Tue Feb 10 14:17:42 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 01:30:19PM -0500, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> And all this rant has what to do with ALE?  I have no issues with
> folks furthering their political/social/sexual/religious asperations,
> as long as they do it in the appropriate venue.

To be fair, this thread is labeled with a nice, big OT.

Also, though, such things do bear greatly on the Linux
community.  I don't really think discussions about the problems of
regulation, protectionism, corruption and collusion involving technical
companies and government policies, and, of all things, monopolies, are
inappropriate discussions for Linux-related mailing lists.

No, they are not directly related to ALE, but they are on the periphery,
which is why this thread is marked OT.

That said, this line could easily develop into a flame war,
particularly with such emotion-loaded terms as "dubya" and
"Awful Telephone & Telegraph") in use.

--
Sean C. McCord
scmlist at cycoresys.com