[ale] OT: Good source of laptop power adapters?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Fri Feb 6 18:49:42 EST 2009

I'm looking for a cheap and reputable source for laptop power adapters.
I'd like to find somewhere that's cheaper than Dell but won't sell me an
adapter that's going to catch fire or fail in a month.

My specific need is for one that outputs 19.5V, 3.34A and fits an
Inspiron 1420. Everything from Dell costs > $65. A friend who went the
"order the cheapest no-name adapter you can find" route experienced
consistent failures, hence my nervousness.

Thanks,
Brian