[ale] advice needed.

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Thu Feb 5 22:27:35 EST 2009

> So the only other option is to do this as a vmware image that will
> run on a windows platform. (The virtual machine would still be a
> linux machine.)

Why is this the _only_ option?

Which begs the question: if this is a web app then why is Linux needed at all??

> I don't have a lot of experience with this. Does this sound
> reasonable.  Im thinking that this may be great for simplifying
> backups and that sort of thing. Is this reasonable for A windows
> user to run a virtual machine on his PC?

No.  Most PCs don't have the horsepower to add the overhead to their daily
requirements.  Then there is the problems of both teaching and making willing
the user to start the VM.  It's bad enough to get them to use a web-based
anything and to have to start another application to just to "access the web"
will confuse and frustrate them.

Cheers,
R~