[ale] editors, was ... Re: Job listing

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Feb 5 12:24:03 EST 2009

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> ...so long as it is vim rather than nvi.
>
> Emacs is an anagram of maces so I predict we'll shortly be clubbed by
> those who are still silly enough to believe emacs is a good editor.  :p

You know what they say about editors... "It's all about the
editability." [*] Having used both Emacs and Vi[m] extensively,
they seem to me to be practically equivalent in capability.

Sorry to throw Halon on the ol' flame war... Let me just add
that Nano and Pico are both quite nice, if you like that
kind of thing.

-- JK, damning with faint praise since 1968.

[*] I find the Bud Lite "drinkability" ad campaign totally
moronic.

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov