[ale] Job listing

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 08:19:20 EST 2009

<extensive snipping occurs>

I too can leave out letters and words. I have found that I much prefer
for the list to reserve condemnations of JOB POSTINGS to private
conversations and not broadcast for the world to see via Google and
wayback searches. I believe it serves no one to pound wording, job
description, or grammar usage unless that person who made the mistake
is known personally by the critic. The appearance of employment
opportunities on this list far outweighs the apparent need of a few to
foister a negative view onto all.

ALE is a community. We discuss many things. Sometimes things are more
heated that others. The posts that extend to a multitude of replies
and days or even weeks long thread are generally off topic blathering.
Sometimes those are congenial fun and other times they are heated and
become downright terrible examples of human discourse.

But I ask this of all, given the current economic situation we all
face in one way or another, please refrain from public criticism
surrounding the precious few job postings we get on this list. The
next recruiter that gets ticked off may have your dream job they are
looking to fill and they post it where you don't see as a result of
the backlash other recruiters endure.

By all means, if anyone gets a job listing sent to them, please post
it to the list. Add a subject line prefix of [JOB] and let's all keep
our fingers crossed for those on the list who are un[der] employed.

As the person responsible for the running condition of the list, and
as the recipient of the email complaints when the arise, I will take
great offense at any further criticism of employment opportunities
that are sent back to the list at large. I have not kicked anyone off
the list nor do I see that action as a tool at my disposal. I run the
mailing list. I'm not judge, jury and hangman.

But I will rapidly, semi-privately and harshly reprimand any offender
of this request.

I now return you to your latest nano-vs-pico editor war.

James P. Kinney III