[ale] Seagate 500GB Sata-CRASH!-UPDATE

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Feb 3 07:00:25 EST 2009

On Sat January 17 2009, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> If you're close to Norcross (Tech Park), then I likely have one of
> those 500GB drives on the shelf that is working.

well, I shipped the drive back to Seagate, and I got my confirmation back
today. In the email was this standard blurb:

Seagate Return Policy
 Your original drive will NOT be returned. Any data on the drive will be lost.
The replacement drive will be low-level formatted. If you need the data on
the drive and do not have a backup copy, you may want to consider data
recovery services before shipping the drive to Seagate for replacement.
Please see: http://services.seagate.com/ for additional information on
Seagate’s data recovery service.

I know I heard someone mention that they would get your data back for you, but
they obviously don't ask unless you do..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800