[ale] Firefox Running Slow in Linux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:38:54 EST 2009

Everything M. Warfield said and what specifically is the scrolling
issue you see? Hangs on scroll, jumpy scroll, won't scroll, etc?

I have a dual Op with 4GB RAM and 64-bit firefox. As my memory gets
chewed up, firefox performance degrades. 3.0.5 seems better than prior
3.0.x version but it still will crash and vanish thanks to crappy
javascript all over the place. I also run the adobe testing version of
flash for 64-bit Linux. It _mostly_ works but I have seen it tear down
firefox to a bit heap of weeping page faults.

2009/2/2 Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I know I'll probably get hazed by this already saturated question, but I
> haven't found any solid answers to my issue from the archives.  I'm running
> Fedora 10 x86_64 and loving the "adventure" of running an 64 bit system.
> I'm also running Firefox 3.0.x (x86_64), but I've noticed that it's not very
> smooth compared to it running on a Windows machine and I'm little confused
> why.
>
> It's more the scroll bar than anything else.  It's something small, but it's
> ruining the surfing experience and I'm a little embarrassed to let other
> people use it on my desktop.  I don't want to give Linux a bad name and
> these folks are primarily Windows/MAC users.  So; their experience with
> using Firefox on my system is a tainted one.
>
> I've tried running Swiftfox, but I haven't gotten it to load (that's another
> issue) so I'm kind of stuck with Firefox.
>
> --
> Marc F.
>
> www.fergytech.com
> Registered Linux User: #410978
>
> "When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.

James P. Kinney III