[ale] Firefox Running Slow in Linux

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 15:02:48 EST 2009

Hi,

I know I'll probably get hazed by this already saturated question, but I
haven't found any solid answers to my issue from the archives.  I'm running
Fedora 10 x86_64 and loving the "adventure" of running an 64 bit system.
I'm also running Firefox 3.0.x (x86_64), but I've noticed that it's not very
smooth compared to it running on a Windows machine and I'm little confused
why.

It's more the scroll bar than anything else.  It's something small, but it's
ruining the surfing experience and I'm a little embarrassed to let other
people use it on my desktop.  I don't want to give Linux a bad name and
these folks are primarily Windows/MAC users.  So; their experience with
using Firefox on my system is a tainted one.

I've tried running Swiftfox, but I haven't gotten it to load (that's another
issue) so I'm kind of stuck with Firefox.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.