[ale] I'm going to hate myself

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:11:45 EST 2009

I’m going to hate myself for this but I’m actually likening Windows 7 and MS Office 2010.

I’m currently working on a book collaboration with people from all around the country and even one from Australia.  We’re all academics so we didn’t have to spend and arm and a leg for Win 7 and we all participated in the Office 2010 Beta.  It’s got some really good collaboration tools built in.  Last night I had 20 people around the county watching my PowerPoint presentation streaming to their computers.  Now I admit I’m running it on a computer with more horsepower than the average desktop, but it works well and the only hiccup with my ATT DSL that decided to stop in the middle of it.

This is really going to hurt since my dissertation is on utilizing open source software to support free community health clinics and critical access hospitals.

Craig