[ale] Fedora 12 thunderbird-lightning update

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:30:44 EST 2009

Anyone running Fedora 12 with Thunderbird and the Lightning extension.
There are some updates that were released today, 3 of them just install
the released versions of Firefox, Thunderbird and Lightning from the
beta releases that were with the initial release of F12. There is a
problem with thunderbird-lightning update. What happens is that an error
will occur on start-up not allowing your local calendar to load. The
error makes reference to the timezone database missing columns. I had a
post on fedoraforums which provides a link to the bug report that
provides the fix. Here is a link to my post:

My post includes the error messages as well as the mentioned link to the
bug report. Hope this helps anyone who runs into this, at least save
some research time.