[ale] ot: mythtv/comcast/clear qam

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:36:54 EST 2009

That's the comcast way. Replace all content with drivel by moving content to
digital scramble and charge extra for the access box.

On Dec 17, 2009 1:29 PM, <rs at ale.spam.futz.org> wrote:

Anyone else find that in the past few days comcast has started encrypting
almost all the channels that were previous in the clear? I've gone from 100+
channels to about 10! I hadn't tried watching tv recently via mythtv until
after a reboot this morning, and was going crazy trying to figure out what
driver wasn't loaded or what setting had changed... then I though to check a
regular tv with a digital tuner, and it was missing the channels too...
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo