[ale] system freezes

mike barnes mdb3624 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:58:34 EST 2009

Tim,

I sorry for the scan details.

First off, the problem is random and I have not checked to see if I can
telnet into the box.
I have run memtest86 for 24 hours straight without any issues.

On time that does not seem to be random is when the system has had some
amount of time with no activity.

The system is is a 4 year old desktop with 1 gb of memory and 160gb of disk
space.
This is my test machine so, I have done fresh installs on this system with
the same behavior.
When it locks up I am am forced to do a hard re-boot using the front panel
buttons.

As for apps that I use, currently I am mostly using firefox. I have had it
freeze when doing a system update, using the update manager tool.

Hope this helps because I am getting frustrated with this system.

Thanks
Mike Barnes