[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Dec 10 17:50:55 EST 2009

Bickering between Christian groups hasn't always been tame.  You could
of Catholics a couple of centuries ago or you could just go back to way
Mormons were treated more recently that drove them ultimately to Utah
which was a desert (or the massacre of non-Mormons that they did after
they got there).

There's a reason our founding fathers put a prohibition on establishment
of a state church in our Constitution.   Many of the original settlers
here (including the Pilgrims) were religious refugees.

Also of course Muslims weren't always the "terrorists".  I'd invite you
to read an account of what happened when the Crusaders captured
Jerusalem or what they did to a Constantinople that welcomed them in on
their way to "The Holy Land".

There are those that will pervert religion for their own ends.  Some are
worse than others.   It always amuses me how folks like W would use
religion as a whipping up point when it helps them with their base (e.g.
Gay Marriage) but ignore things they could actually change that are also
Biblically prohibited (e.g. usury) when it helps their capitalist
cronies.