[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Thu Dec 10 15:07:40 EST 2009

On 12/10/2009 2:40 PM, Brian MacLeod wrote:
> Educate the next generation that excelling is good, and pure greed is bad.

Working on it for my part. Little boogers just don't get it naturally...

> Wait, that would mean a severe societal change and responsibility.  God
> forbid we have any of that in this country.

Well, or for that matter, anywhere. You can argue that it's an unwritten
implication in Christ's teachings (and since we're a Christian nation,
as I hear some people repeatedly say, everybody understands this, of
course.) and in those of Islam it may be more obvious.

The difference between our ideals and our practices is always the
problem. I don't see that changing. You could make everybody Muslim, and
there'd still be people making wine, I think. Even though nobody would
drink it of course.

Lord knows *I* don't live up to *my* ideals.