[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Dec 10 01:56:49 EST 2009

The ongoing exchange on Climate Change has been amusing and very
revealing about the incredible strengths of scientific method and
peer review.  It has reinforced my certainty that this is a problem
that could affect the survival of our species and is something we
should clearly be addressing with heavy investments in research
and potential sustainable solutions.

The simple, well documented reality is that the ratios of greenhouse
gasses in the atmosphere are escalating rapidly due to the activities
of human beings and their use of fossil fuels. Increasing greenhouse
gasses will inevitably raise planetary temperature. The rate of human
population growth is also out of control and continues to escalate,
so the damage can only get worse from here. Solutions for stemming
the increase of human population and demand for energy, as well as
for converting to less toxic and more renewable energy sources, will
need to happen in tandem if we are to avert disastrous consequences.

The discussion also leaves me in awe that so many normally rational
people can be so easily manipulated by the corporate welfare state
propaganda machine and whipped into an extremist, rabid and even
suicidal frenzy of denial on this kind of issue.  The hate zombies
serve their blood sucking overlords well, assuring that the glutinous,
greed driven, unsustainable exploitation of the planet's resources and
the rape of the compliant masses by the ultra pig elite will
continue unabated until it all comes crashing down on us (but not
them) in massive global catastrophes.  The "Cap and Trade"
delusion is a great example of the level of suicidal denial that
the hate zombies will buy into -- a corporapist scheme to provide
the biggest of the ultra pigs with payola permits to poison the
world's populace without any accountability or consequence --
yeah, sure, that's a GREAT deal for all us common folk!

The article linked below attempts to explain the psychology of
this self delusion and denial, but it still doesn't forgive the
shear suicidal stupidity of it. Especially knowing that most of
these screaming hate the government (and thus, hate yourself)
denial freaks are the same clan of rabid zombies that have sat in
spineless silence through decades of massive deficit tax increases
imposed on them to fund insane and continual escalations of the
U.S. war and torture death machine industries. They can magically
rationalize that it's OK to massively bloat and militarize the
government and destroy civil rights and democracy and massively
inflate the tax burden on us, our children and our children's
children so long as it's being done to support imperialist invasions
and occupations of foreign lands where we murder the brown people
there, steal their nation's resources, and let the ultra pigs claim
ownership of it all.

<http://tinyurl.com/psychofdenial>