[ale] two sata drives fail at the same time?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sun Dec 6 12:04:22 EST 2009

So, what are the chances that two different sata drives, same
manufacturer (wd), that were purchased at different times, would fail at
exactly the same time?

Is it possible for a drive failure to cause another to fail?  I'm
grasping, but I just can see this happening.

They were connected to an interface card, so I removed it and connected
them to the onboard interface, no go.  both drives appear to exhibit low
clicking sounds.

This pretty much sucks.

This system sits behind a decent ups/surge protector, no problems with
any other hardware and no recent electrical issues known.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin