[ale] Disappointed in the recent climate research hack

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 11:01:51 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner at water.com> wrote:

>   Of course since it is a “global” rather than “local” issue one of the
> few things I agreed with the Bush administration about was making sure so
> called “developing” countries that have more people than we do (e.g.. China
> and India) be held to the same standards for emission control in their
> factories and cars.   I’d also get rid of so called “carbon credits” which
> are a joke of the worst sort.
>
> The "carbon credit" is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. China is
too busy polluting it's countryside with lead and mercury to be bothered
with CO2 emissions :-)  I would like to see some movement on solar powered
CO2 scrubbers being attached to all parking garages and sized to suck down
the emissions of the entire lot for the average distance traveled. That
would employ a few engineers and support techs and would count for a good
"stimulus" project :-) Trees are nice but a tad slow on the CO2 uptake. Too
bad kudzu doesn't make a decent food crop.

James P. Kinney III