[ale] wireless keyboard

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Thu Aug 27 09:36:11 EDT 2009

Strangely enough, when I was running linux on my macbook, the bluetooth mouse worked fine throughout the installation, but wouldn't work with the installed system.
I ran out of time to troubleshoot it, and I used a usb mouse instead.
=jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> 8/27/2009  09:10 AM >>>
I'm trying to get an apple wireless keyboard to work with my macbook pro
under linux.  I've found a number of references to making this work, but
no joy.  It seems that my bluetooth device is not set to scan for
devices as I have this:

hci0:   Type: USB
         BD Address: 00:1E:C2:93:BC:D6 ACL MTU: 1021:5 SCO MTU: 64:1
         UP RUNNING
         RX bytes:521 acl:0 sco:0 events:70 errors:0
         TX bytes:2280 acl:0 sco:0 commands:70 errors:0

Whereas, all the references show the following:

         UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN

If I try to enable scans I get this:

/usr/sbin/hciconfig hci0 piscan
Can't set scan mode on hci0: Device or resource busy (16)

I know this is kinda unique to this hardware, but any suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin