[ale] Undesired shell expansion building a command line

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Aug 26 16:17:04 EDT 2009

Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> I hadn't thought to look through the shell's list of set options, I was
> searching for "glob" in the man page and didn't come across that.  Of
> course, that's because in that instance they said "filename expansion"
> and not "filename globbing".  Heh.  Oops.

I hate it when "ReadingTFA" presents a more complex problem than the one
you're actually trying to solve.

On which topic, I'm currently trying to figure out how to get multiple
tables to left-align with one another in (gag, retch, hurl) M$ Word.
No, LaTeX is not an option :-(  Luckily, my SO is like the Mark Knopfler
of Word.

-- JK