[ale] recommendation for wireless routers

Wed Aug 26 14:46:00 EDT 2009

I have Tomato on my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 which I bought to replace a
Linksys WRT54G (pre S,L, and all other variations) that flaked out on
me. I have it up in my super-hot attic, and have had no problems in 2
years. My Linksys was down in the cool basement.

2009/8/26 Björn Gustafsson <bg-ale at bjorng.net>:
> Which Buffalo model are you using with Tomato?
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, JK<jknapka at kneuro.net> wrote:
>>
>> I'm very happy with my Buffalo Airstation, running Tomato.
>>
>> -- JK
>>
>> drifter wrote:
>>> Currently own a Linksys/Cisco WRT310N wired/wireless router.  The thing
>>> went all flaky this morning.
>>> At first both LAN and WAN were unavailable. Then I could reach the printer,
>>> but not the router itself!  After power cycling, the WNA sorta worked, but
>>> I still couldn't get out to the Net.
>>> So I unplugged the thing and went off to a meeting. Plugged it back in when
>>> I got back and, for now, it seems to be working as it should on both wired
>>> and wireless sides.
>>>
>>> BUT . . . .
>>>
>>> I suspect this thing is not long for this world.
>>>
>>> So I could use a recommendation or two for a replacement router that has a
>>> better record of longevity and reliability.
>>>
>>> Sean
>
> --
> Björn Gustafsson

.!# RichardBronosky #!.