[ale] USB to serial adapter

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Aug 26 11:28:49 EDT 2009

Thanks. I need it to run a graphics tablet, so I suspect that may not work for me.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> 8/26/2009  11:09 AM >>>
I'll have one I'll mail to you.

Here is the deal.

I have many of these and basically most are crap.  I have 2 SeaLevel USB
adapters that retail fro about $80 that I've bought off eBay.  Those are
mine!  They are the only ones that truly support serial pins.

Here is an example.

The cheap adapter will assert DTR all the time.  Even if the port has
not been open()'ed by any application.  If you toggle DTR via an ioctl()
there is no action taken place by the cheap adapter.  I've ran into
these types of issues with all cheap adapters I've bought off eBay.

You get what you pay for.

If you want one of these POS then contact me off list and you can send
me a few bucks via PayPal for the shipping and I'll drop it in the
mailbox.

Chris