[ale] clear? Cloudy?

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Wed Aug 19 13:46:04 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

It is a little less lossy than that, though not much.  Although most
of the auth seems to be done by the MAC of either the modem (home) or
the USB gizmo (mobile), install or major shift in location triggers a
registration page where you have to login.

Also, the  (beta) Mac drivers seem to work okay  and the actual
solution is a portable wifi hotspot which mates with the usb gadget.
They are $140 SD, so I haven't picked one up just yet.: https://www.clear.com/clear_spot.php
  I figure to equip the car with one :)

I'll be happy to try and answer any more questions about Clear. I've
had it home and mobile for a couple months here.

hth,
adric