[ale] AT&T DSL Support - it is a Turing Test?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 17:41:20 EDT 2009

Just an fyi, att has script that goes out scan for anyone running a
server. If they detect a box running such ports at 21, 25, 80 and 6667
so on. They will shut down your modem. When you call to say that your
modem is not working the L1 will only reset to have it work for a day
until that script runs again, I went thru this for a month until an L3
asked me if I had a server in my home, which I asked yes. I explain to
him that I had switch from XO to ATT because of the price and had told
the sale weasle told me, "No Problem". Needless to say I told ATT to
cancel becuase they had lied. The next day I switch to Abraxis.

That's my att nightmare, I only wish I could get rid of them for phone.

Chuck