[ale] ick - big brother alert

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Aug 12 10:50:47 EDT 2009

On 2009, Aug, 12, , at 6:57 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 22:09, Tim Watts<timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> So of all the technologies presented, the "better spying" option
>> was more
>> appealing than the "better content" and "better delivery" options.
>
> Not quite.  That was "best new product idea".  Most everything else
> seems to be a re-hash of past years.   Then again, don't let actual
> words stop you from reading into the article whatever it is you want
> to get out of it. ;-)

Having gone back and re-read the article, I find Tim Watts assessment
of the content entirely valid and on point: "better [corporate welfare
state] spying" WAS the big award winner and the competing technologies
discussed were about "better content" and "better delivery" options.

Of course, "better" in the corporate monopoly context seems to mean
more intrusive and inescapable product placement and more freedom
killing Destructive Restriction Mechanisms on content, so your view
that the competing offerings were lackluster re-hash seems accurate
too, even though this is just what YOU chose to read into the article.

<toc mode=semi>

But, what the heck, dude... in all cases, whatever someone posts here,
please don't let the actual comments in the email stop you from reading
them as an excuse for a personal insult or attack.

</toc>

peace
aaron