[ale] OT: humor - XKCD

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sat Aug 8 02:10:37 EDT 2009

On 2009, Aug, 07, , at 6:59 PM, john anderson wrote:
> Or, how about this recent one:
> http://xkcd.com/619/

That's the one my partner sent me and our daughter
that reminded me to search for the segfault strip
that got this whole silly thread started.

We are a Strange Loop.

-- Actually, to be more accurate, Douglas Hofstadter
is a strange loop, which is to say that "I am a
Strange Loop" is the title of a book he wrote,
a book which I am currently reading, wherein he
expresses an intent that the reader should loop
into the recognition that the the "I" under
consideration is actually the universal "I" of
the self and is thus them... or us... or me.
-- Which is to say if you've never read any Hofstadter,
I highly recommend his works as he may well be THE
most enlightening computer scientist of the
electronic information age, a preeminent modern
geek philosopher imagining dialogs between ancient
greek philosophers to illustrate and analogize
his postulates on the mind and the self referential
associative mechanisms of intelligence.

peace
aaron

> Jim Kinney wrote:
>> One of my favs http://xkcd.com/397/
>> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Lightner<jlightner at water.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Lol @ the second one.
>>> I suspect the guy running those systems is Mike Warfield...

>>> aaron