[ale] Ale Digest, Vol 15, Issue 89

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Tue Apr 28 22:14:43 EDT 2009

> On Tue April 28 2009, Robert Reese~ wrote:
>> Oops.  Zarafa.  ;c)
> http://zarafa.com/content/prices
> 150 euro +
> 30 euro / user
>
> not open source.. if yer gonna LOOK like outlook, and PAY (almost )
> as much as Outlook, you might as well BE outlook:) besides, they
> don't take $$, only euro.

I don't have a problem with Euros, nor do I blame them since the USD is terribly
unstable and going to fall like a sack of sledgehammers tossed from the top of
the Sears Tower.

OTOH, you really don't have to pay anything.  The Outlook support is not open
source, but the rest of it is: http://www.zarafa.com/download-community/
<http://www.zarafa.com/download-community/>

It is licensed under the AGPL v3:
http://www.zarafa.com/content/affero-gplv3/
<http://www.zarafa.com/content/affero-gplv3/>

However, it is still free for up to three Outlook users; I think you'd find that
many people would be satisfied with the webmail version of Outlook.

Cheers,
Robert~